This March, Verizon Wireless customers with DROID by Motorola smartphones can add something new and different to their day-to-day routine. Whether customers are thawing out of winter in the Northeast, craving some fun in the sun, or looking for an Ethiopian restaurant in San Diego to stimulate their taste buds, Android Market™ provides access to thousands of applications allowing customers to stay in touch, up to date and entertained, all while running on the largest and most reliable wireless voice and 3G data network in the country.
This week’s highlighted apps in the Verizon Channel offer five ways to enjoy March:
#1: Play Golf Like Never Before
• Excited for the first major golf tournament of the year? With the Golf Solitaire card game, customers can enjoy a different approach to the traditional way of playing golf. For $2.99, customers can play one or more holes, each with a unique card layout, complete with golf-related graphics and sound effects.
#2: Expand Food Horizons
• Customers can search for new restaurants to open their senses to foods with exotic spices with OpenTable. This free GPS-enabled app allows customers to find close OpenTable restaurants refined by cuisine, price and availability in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, and Mexico.
#3: Usual Morning in an Unusual Place
• With the woes of winter winding down for many, customers can take their morning coffee and trade their traditional newspaper for AP Mobile to stay connected to events going on anywhere in the world. Customers can sit on a park bench and read news from more than 1,200 trusted local sources and national and international coverage for free.
#4: Act Like a Tourist and Explore
• What’s a tourist without a video camera? Customers can rediscover the city they live in and share their encounters with Qik Video Camera. This free app gives customers a way to record and share videos with friends, family and the world via Facebook®, Twitter and YouTube™.
#5: Age is Just a Number
• No matter what age, customers can utilize mobile games to kick back and have some fun. For $4.99, customers can get the action puzzle game, Diner Dash 2, to see if they would survive the restaurant industry. This highly addictive game features different types of restaurants and customers. The more customers that leave happy, the higher the score, allowing players to upgrade services in the hope of escaping the wrecking ball.
DROID by Motorola is available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com for $199.99. For more information on DROID by Motorola, visit www.droiddoes.com.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and 3G data network, serving more than 91 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 83,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.